The final version of the TechWatch Report Preparing for Effective Adoption and Use of Ebooks in Education is now available in PDF format.
The report has been updated in light of feedback received from a preview version made available in September.
As described in the report’s introduction:
As ebooks become mainstream and the percentage of academic publications delivered as ebooks rises steadily, this report is a primer to help academic librarians, managers and members of faculty prepare for the increasing adoption and use of ebooks in education.
This report aims to support the adoption of ebooks by:
- introducing the historical and present context of ebooks
- reviewing the basics of ebook technologies
- considering scenarios for ebook adoption and usage
- addressing current challenges.
- considering future developments.
Written by James Clay, Gloucestershire College, this report is the fourth in a series of TechWatch reports that have been published by the JISC Observatory.